Click on a button below to view a program:
Guardian Angel Program
The Guardian Angel Program (GAP) seeks to bring together a “Circle of Friends,” combined with a supported infrastructure that blends into community integration. In order to promote a lasting bond between our angels and community to foster true inclusion of special needs population, GAP provides the following services:
• GAP is community integration for special needs individual with minimal help.
• Instill basic social skills for Angels to navigate in the community.
• Greater exposure to community environments (e.g. . restaurants, libraries and fire stations)
• While GAP provides some supervision, its main focus is didactic ( teachable moments).
Home and Family
GAP Domain 1
• Home Management (e.g. vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, making a bed, and laundering)
Meal preparation (e.g. food nutrition, menu planning, and grocery shopping)
• Maintaining a budget (e.g. using a banking service, paying bills, and purchasing day-to-day items)
Employment and Education
GAP Domain 2
• Academic and vocational education and training
• Access to training support services
• Focus on studying, organizational and time management skills
Leisure and Recreation
GAP Domain 3
• Individual physical activities (e.g. swimming and hiking)
• Group activities (e.g. softball, football, basketball, and tennis)
• Community/neighborhood activities (e.g. bbqs, Special Olympics, and fairs)
• Entertainment (e.g. theaters, spectator sports, and concerts)
GAP Domain 4
• Access to all levels of government agencies
• Ride on public transportation in natural environments
• Access to emergency services and resources (e.g. police, emergency medical services, hospitals, and fire stations)
• Voting and volunteering opportunities in local government activities
• Volunteering opportunities with different community organizations
GAP Domain 5
Creation of a personal Circle of Friends:
• Program Development Team
• Mentors / Therapists
• Peers / Angels
WHO: Open to all special needs individuals of all ages
WHEN: Year-round | 15-30 hours per week
WHERE: Alhambra, CA
This is custom heading element
Saturday program is creating an environment where kids are able to imply things that they have learned and apply it in their natural settings. To be able to widen their horizon in play skills and be able to show more of their creativity and choices that they make. In other words creating teachable moments while at the same time having fun!
• Creates a moment for Angels to get out of their comfort zone.
• Apply learning and use it in different Natural settings (Park, Restaurant, libraries, etc.)
• Didatic instead of supervision. Lets learn and have fun!
My Fair Lady (MFL) Program
MFL focus on the transition from a girl to a women. Teaching them how to prepare for their body changes and adulthood. These are the areas we focus on:
• Hygiene (Periods, Showering, and Laundry)
• Social Etiquette (Greetings, Eating Etiquette, and Sitting Posture)
• Safety (Using the restrooms, Restaurants, and Parks)
• Relationship (Friendships, Text Messages, and Phone Calls)
LEARN MORE or SIGN UP
Please fill out your contact information and program(s) of interest below. We will send you more information soon!
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626) 872-2162.